[wisb] Migrants in Milwaukee

  • From: Evan Barrientos <emb326@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 10:53:06 -0500

Hi Wisbirdn,

First of all, it's sure great to be back in my hometown. The experience of
hearing a chickadee's whistle, a goldfinch's flight call, seeing a robin's
color for the first time in almost two months was surprisingly exciting and
comforting for me after many exotic birds in Yucatán. We live a nice state with
some beautiful birds.

I birded at Schlitz Audubon Nature Center Monday-Wednesday morning last week
and was surprised with some of the migrants/uncommon birds I found. In those
three mornings I found
2 Nashville Warblers
1 Black-throated Green Warbler
1 Northern Waterthrush
1 Black-billed Cuckoo
1 Brown Thrasher
1 Rose-breasted Grosebeak
1 Least Flycatcher

I also went to the algae mat north of Bradford beach Aug 3 and only found 2
Spotted Sandpipers and 1 Least Sandpiper.

Good birding,
Evan