[wisb] Mequon Nature Preserve

  • From: Barbara Kellermann <kellermannbarbara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 13:53:49 -0800 (PST)

Brian, and for anyone interested, the preserve is open year round, free of
charge with 3 parking entrances.  The property is bordered by County Line Road,
Swan, Donges Bay and Wauwatosa.  The building is off of County Line.  The doors
may or may not be open depending upon if anyone is there.  Usually Jason
Nickels, the manager is around ( has the dark green truck) and he is quite
interested in learning more about birds.  Trails are gravel  or woodchip  with
signage and I'd love to see some expert birders there, I hardly see anyone.  I
keep Jason appraised of  what I see.  Go up 91st which turns into Swan, park up
ahead or turn right onto County Line.  They have a website,
mequonnaturepreserve.org.
Barb Kellermann, Milwaukee