[wisb] Re: American Robin in Oshkosh

  • From: "Kevin Kearns" <dkkearns@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:35:57 -0600

Actually Robins do quite well on their own in Wisconsin Winters - even when
we have real winters. There are ornamental crabs and buckthorns everywhere
for them to get plenty of food and running water is not always that
difficult to get even in winter. I saw a small flock in Madison the other
day at the humane society, maybe 10-12. In Neenah, we regularly had flocks
of 60-100 throughout the winter.
Kevin Kearns
Lake Mills