[wisb] Mequon Nature Preserve

  • From: Barbara Kellermann <kellermannbarbara@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 10:34:31 -0700 (PDT)

The Horned Larks were singing and showing themselves yesterday after a long
quiet spell.  Paul's Pond had 2 Wood Ducks, 3 Blue Winged Teal, 2 Mallards, at
least 2 Swamp Sparrows,1 Blue Heron.  The Tree Swallows by the Tower were doing
serious dive bombing at my head so maybe the nesting box off the path has been
claimed as I don't see Bluebirds there. At the house this A.M between rain
showers the White Throated Sparrow was singin; Ruby Crowned Kinglit and Brown
Creeper.  Still waiting to hear from the County about a possible bike path
connector which would eliminate the White Throats, Woodcocks,Towhees , Brown
Thrasher, etc. I've had the  joy of for the past 21 years as all the
trees/bushes would be removed.
Barb Kellermann, Milwaukee, WI