[wisb] Re: Madison capitol, David's video

  • From: Mike Duchek <mikeduchek@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <flores.david84@xxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2011 16:37:55 -0500

Went back to look and again saw WT sparrows, a junco, chipping sparrow and the
towhee.  Also had something scurrying around.  Figured it was one of the
notorious squirrels, but when I went to get close it would run to the opposite
side over and over.  Finally got a look - a brown thrasher.  Very cool.  Often
hear about the importance of migratory stopovers for birds, but it makes you
realize the importance of just having a few bushes around for these guys.

-Mike Duchek, Waukesha, Waukesha Co.