[wisb] Milwaukee Co- ID help and Henslow's Sparrow Sighting

  • From: David Flores <flores.david84@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wis birdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2011 22:52:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,
I hope you all were able to get out on what proved to be a very birdy day for
my sister and me. We ticked off a number of FOY's, most of which have been
mentioned by others on the list, but the highlight was definitely a lifer for
both of us- Henslow's Sparrow. Rita mentioned it earlier, but I thought you
might want to check out our photos:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwiskowski/5608462396/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rwiskowski/5607879659/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/floresdavid/5608397479/

plus, I had a quick ID question. I was certain I was watching a fox sparrow
about a while ago in Bender Park, Oak Creek (Southern Milwaukee Co), but the
song was more like a swamp sparrow. I thought I would run it by this group.
What do you think?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/floresdavid/5602031894/in/photostream/

David Flores
S.Milwaukee