[wisb] Re: Kittiwake

  • From: "Tom Schultz" <trschultz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wis Birdnet" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 09:14:26 -0600

Bob D. beat me to the punch, in mentioning the hope that the Black-legged
Kittiwake will remain in Port Washington until our WSO field trip tomorrow.
If anyone is interested in attending, the group will be meeting at the South
Shore Yacht Club in Milwaukee at 8:00 AM.

Directions:
Take I-794 East over the Harbor Bridge.  At the south end of the bridge take
the Port of Milwaukee exit.  The exit terminates at Carferry Drive (stop
sign).  Turn left on Carferry Dr. and go east to the T-intersection with So.
Lincoln Memorial Drive.  Turn right (south) on Lincoln Memorial Drive.  At
the top of the hill the road curves to the right (west) and becomes Russell
Avenue.  After 1 block you will come to a stoplight at Superior Street;
turn left (south) on to Superior and go 3 blocks to Iron Street.  Turn left
(east) on Iron St., go 2 blocks and then down the hill into the South Shore
Yacht Club parking lot -- and continue to the south parking area to find the
group.

After checking the birds at South Shore Yacht Club, we will work our way
northward along the Lake Michigan shoreline -- eventually reaching Port
Washington and Sheboygan.

Dress very warmly for the expected cold morning temperatures, and bring some
energy foods!  Hand and/or toe warmers might be a very good idea...

Tom Schultz
Green Lake Co.