[wisb] Jefferson Co. question

  • From: "Steve Thiessen" <stevethiessen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisb" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 12:13:20 -0500

 I was out on Lake Koshkonong and was wondering if Mud Lake is visible from the
Blackhawk Island road. I imagine the vegetation is too high.
 From the lake I could see at least 30 Great Egrets along the shore. Late in
the evening all the egrets and pelicans flew into Mud Lake.
 There were around 2000 swallows feeding above and behind the point and in the
bay.
 Also along Hy 106, towards Newville, there was a marshy area with a number of
egrets. Fishing trip, so we didn't stop.
Steve Thiessen Stoughton Dane co.