[wisb] Imm. Surf Scoter-Trempeleau

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 22:48:21 -0500

At Trempeleau NWR today I found what I believe to be a male Surf Scoter,
probably immature. The bird was well away from Kiep's Island Dike. It had a
clearly visible white patch on the back of the neck and lower head which I
believe is unique to the Surf Scoter. None of my photos provided a clear view
of this bird.

Rory Cameron
Chippewa Falls, Chippewa County

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it—for a little while." Willa Cather