[wisb] Fw: eBird Report - Baxter's Hollow SNA , 5/15/10

  • From: "Evan Barrientos" <ebarrientos@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 20:19:36 -0500

Went on the Nature Conservancy hike at Baxter's Hollow last Sunday. First
time there, and I was very impressed by the scenic river and woods and
beautiful smell. Also, despite an ominous warning from a very serious
stranger that I would be covered in black fly bites, I am thrilled to say
that I hiked through the preserve for four hours with only a single nibble
that I quickly swatted. But do be careful if you go there, black flies are
numerous, and I made the mistake of wearing shorts and a tshirt. Photos
coming...not very soon, I'm way backed up.
Evan B
Milwaukee