[wisb] Re: Guidelines for Totals

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 08:39:46 -0600

Well, unless it's changed, anyone can get Pheasants to raise and
release, of both sexes - same with Bobwhite.  It's not just the DNR and
Pheasants Forever doing the stocking.  I had a group of five Pheasants
on the side of the road while doing the Hustisford CBC last month - one
rooster and four hens - that were clearly not wild birds.  It was next
to a State Wildlife Area, too.

Peter Fissel
Madison WI