[wisb] Franklin's Gull - Eau Claire

  • From: Janine Polk <j_l_polk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chippewa-valley-birding@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 12:09:08 -0700 (PDT)

We did a little around-town birding yesterday evening ahead of the Big Snow --
highlight was an apparent subadult Franklin's Gull with a Ring-billed Gull at
Half Moon Lake at the eastern open spot. Both gulls flew off to the west before
I was able to scope them. The river is now open into Dell's pond, and I'd like
to go out birding today, but I'm not sure I can get out of my driveway.....

Janine Polk
Eau Claire