[wisb] Forest County FOY

  • From: timarytm@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 06:38:24 -0700 (PDT)

Saw our first BELTED KINGFISHERS and COMMON GRACKLES of the year at our cottage
near Wabeno. Also had a foy BROAD WINGED HAWK do a nice flyover. We still have
about 30 dark-eyed Juncos and 20+ Pine Siskins along with a small number of
American Tree Sparrows, Yellow-rumped Warblers and Fox Sparrows  hanging
around.
The American goldfinches are becoming very yellow. The ice on the lake was only
about 1/3 gone  by Sunday night so still awaiting our first common loon
sighting.
Mary Maertz
Forest County