[wisb] Door County yard sightings

  • From: "Roy & Charlotte Lukes" <rnclukes@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisconsin Birders Network" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:09:28 -0500

This year has been a record for our visiting Fox Sparrows. We have had from
1 to 5 of them under the feeders for fourteen straight days! Some years we
see them for a day and they are gone.

We still have a few Juncos but not the 50+ that were in the yard last week,
and there were still a couple American Tree Sparrows here.

For the past two days we have enjoyed watching as many as 6 Yellow-rumped
Warblers feeding on the suet block and the marvel meal. With this very late
cold spring it is easier for them to get nourishment there than to find
insects.

Roy & Charlotte Lukes

Egg Harbor, Door County