[wisb] WGLBBO Waterbird Watch - April 21 (Harrington Beach State Park)

  • From: Jonathan Stein <steinjj19@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 17:16:05 -0500

Sporadic rain didn't do much to dampen our Herring Gull (410), Ring-billed
Gull (215), Double-crested Cormorant (634) and Red-breasted Merganser (858)
numbers. All four species were active throughout the morning, often forming
large mixed-species conglomerations out in front of me. But other than
limited Caspian Tern (41), Blue-winged Teal (59) and Green-winged Teal (58)
movement, not much else of note was seen out on the lake. As far as
landbirds go, blackbirds and robins were on the move in the morning
and Barn and Northern Rough-winged swallows are beginning to be seen more
frequently. We also added two new species to the overall list today: Osprey
and Northern Waterthrush.

Jonathan Stein
Belgium, WI