[wisb] Re: Crossbills at feeders

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 22:05:39 -0700

Almost surely this is a food-related phenomenon (drought or not) but I guess
I'm asking whether we have previous precedent - and if so when - for crossbills
being forced to feeders here in such significant numbers. Quite a few reports
have come in to our WI facebook birding group as well.

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI
http://www.pbase.com/rbrady