[wisb] Red Crossbills Milwaukee County

  • From: Bob Matyas <bobmatyas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 21:40:45 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

     Hello Everyone.
     You can add us to the growing list of birders with Red Crossbills in our
yards.  Today, Lu Ann and I had two adult male Red Crossbills at our house
feeders in Franklin.  Actually they were eating on the ground below the
feeders.  Here I was always checking our conifer trees, where the White-winged
Crossbills were in 2009, but unexpectedly, the Red Crossbills were on the
ground.
     Good Birding,
     Lu Ann and Bob Matyas
     Franklin, WI.