[wisb] Another Red Crossbill at a feeder (Dane Co.)

  • From: Peter Fissel <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2013 08:17:36 -0600

Add me to the growing list.  To my great delight, I looked out this morning to
see a chunky yellowish finch on one of the thistle feeders.  Hmmm, says I -
that doesn't look like a Goldfinch. When a Junco helpfully landed on the same
feeder and I could see they were the same size, I quickly set up the scope.
Female Red Crossbill!  Both a "year" and a new "yard" bird for me.  Now I'm
waiting for a Hoary Redpoll.

Note to my cronies - the Crossbill left a while ago, just in case you were
going to ask if you could come over...

Peter Fissel
southeast side of
Madison, Dane Co.