[wisb] Re: Common Nighthawks

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 20:28:27 -0500

Years ago, around August 16-17 I remember the sky was never empty of them
for several hours in the afternoon. They've been much
scarcer in recent years,  so I was pleased to see 25-30 of them moving
through the neighborhood this evening from about 7:50-8:00 P.M.
Thanks to the folks around the state who posted Common Nighthawks and let us
know that now was the time to look for them.

Thomas Wood,Menomonee Falls,Waukesha County