[wisb] Common Nighthawks

  • From: "Lund, David R." <DLUND@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 18:04:48 +0000

We had to leave the WSO Friday field trip to Trempealeau NWR early today to
attend a funeral.  On our way out of the refuge just below the marked
Observation Point, we encountered at least 18 Common Nighthawks resting on tree
branches along the north side of the road.

I'm sure others will report in more detail about the Wyalusing and Trempealeau
Field trips, but at Wyalusing on Thursday I believe our final count was about
135 spp, including 30 warblers.

Dave Lund

Eau Claire County