[wisb] Re: Common Goldeneye (Milwaukee), and a question about Veterans Park lagoon

  • From: Rita Marie Wiskowski <dona_rita@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx, wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 12:55:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Bernie, I believe the correct name is Juneau Park Pond. I've also heard
people refer to it as Juneau Park lagoon. I'm not sure what the boundries are
for Juneau Park and Veterans Park, so I think that's why lots of people call it
the wrong thing (like me).
Sure seems early for goldeneyes. They are by the Museum all winter long - so
that's not unusual, but it will be interesting to see if others know if this is
early. Of course I've been seeing juncos for a few days too. That seems early
as
well.

Happy birding!

Rita Wiskowski