[wisb] NE Milwaukee Cty

  • From: Petherick Chris <cpetherick@xxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Bird List Wisconsin Bird List <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 15:05:07 -0500

Hello,

I took a 20 minute break after the heavy rains hear to check the
trees.  There was a lot of activity, but light quality is low, so
quite a few birds went IDed.  But in that 20 minutes there was quite a
push...

Brown Creeper
Yellow Bellied Sapsucker
Black and White Warbler
Pine Warbler
Redstart - 6 or 7
Scarlet Tanager - 2
Unidentified thrush
Red and white breasted nuthatches
Red bellied, Hairy and Downey woodpeckers

The activity at the tops of my trees continues to be high, so back to
it... If you're in the Milwaukee area, you may want to check out some
spots if you have a few minutes as it's very active here.

Chris Petherick
Fox Point, Northeastern Milwaukee County