[wisb] Re: Cherokee Marsh

  • From: Jan Axelson <jan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 11:33:53 -0500

>Not having been here in nine years, my memories & I walked Cherokee
>Marsh this morning.

The drought this year resulted in mudflats that brought many
shorebirds to Cherokee Marsh, including an American avocet. Other
recent sightings include Caspian terns, black tern, great egrets,
osprey, and the usual green and blue herons and sandhill cranes.

Anyone who wants the story on the boardwalk, email me privately.

Jan Axelson
Dane County