[wisb] Cassville CBC - My Results Including 20 Gray Partridge

  • From: Aaron Holschbach <aholschbach@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wis Birdnet <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 22:27:52 -0600

I participated on the Cassville CBC on Sunday January 3rd in Grant
County.  The section of the count that I did was between North Andover
and Bloomington, WI, which is very open county and made for a windy
and cold day.  Despite the weather there was some good birding to be
had, and my best find was a total of 20 GRAY PARTRIDGE, found in two
groups (12 individuals and 8 individuals).  Other interesting birds
that I saw during the count included:

     Rough-legged Hawk - 7
     Pileated Woodpecker - 2
     Northern Shrike - 1