[wisb] Bluebird help

  • From: "Lori Inderdahl" <dinderdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bird emails" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:52:53 -0500

Thanks for all the suggestions and info!!
I put fishing line by the hole as suggested and watched. The male sparrow
messed around for about 10 minutes, seeming unsure but eventually went in.
I went back and removed the old nest and covered the hole. I have a tray
with mealworms near the nest box that the male & female BB are coming to
now, and flying across the street to the neighbors. I'm assuming that's
where the fledglings are? How long before I can uncover the hole? I don't
want the BB to give up on it too. What a PAIN house sparrows are!!

Lori Inderdahl
Rosendale, FDL Co.