[wisb] Merlins in Chippewa Falls

  • From: Rory Cameron <rory_cameron@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisbird Net <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 12:54:51 -0500

Since May 9 I have been observing a Merlin or two next door, but was never able
to find a nest. Finally, on July 6 two adults and two fledglings appeared.
They were still flying around this morning with their harsh klee calls. A good
species to confirm for my breeding atlas block!

Rory Cameron
Chippewa Falls

"We come and go, but the land is always here. And the people who love it and
understand it are the people who own it—for a little while." Willa Cather