[wisb] Bird Names

  • From: Al Schirmacher <alschirmacher@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 06:44:04 -0600

There are bird names that are simply descriptive:  Least Sandpiper (yes, I can
see that) or Blue-gray Gnatcatcher (glad you're around to keep the insect
population down).

Others bring some romance:  Albatross (can you hear Coleridge's words?) & Raven
("Nevermore!").

But the birds that are mysterious, whose stories you almost don't want to know
because knowing would spoil things, they're the best.  My nomination:

Wandering Tattler.

One can almost see the kingdom falling because of a well-placed, juicy rumor.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN

Sent from my iPhone