[wisb] Re: Binoculars...8x vs. 10x...what do you like and why?

  • From: john romano <cajunbirder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ewbirdingwi@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 16:30:35 -0700 (PDT)

I think the width of the field of vision is a lot more important than the
power.  I have both
8 x 42 and 10 x 42 Stokes Vortex Bins -  The 8 x 42's have a noticably wider
field of vision making it much easier to locate all the small birds fliting
around in the tree branchs, scrubs and grasses.  Therefore I find I use the 8 x
42's with the wider field of vision almost exclusively.

John Romano
Madison Wis