[wisb] Horicon Marsh Birds

  • From: "Anne Moretti" <amoretti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'wisbirdn'" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2011 19:16:49 -0500

My husband, Pat, and I drove to Horicon Marsh this morning. We found a pair
of Black-necked Stilts (reported earlier) along the Dike Rd a little west of
the large pond to the south. We also found a single Am. Pipit on the rocks
along the north side of the road. A pair of Forster's terns were seen doing
their courtship display on top of a muskrat house. A few White Pelicans were
around, but no Great Egrets were seen. (We did see one on the way, however.)
There were many of the expected  ducks, mostly dabblers, both along Hwy 49
and Dike Rd. Barn swallows were back along the boardwalk.

Anne Moretti

Dousman

Waukesha Co.