[wisb] Baird's Sandpiper, Snow and Ross's Geese 4-11/Dane County

  • From: "Tom Wood" <tcwood729@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 18:29:34 -0500

Today, a little past 3 P.M., there were 2 Baird's Sandpipers, 1 blue phase
Snow Goose, 1 white phase Snow Goose, and 3 Ross's Geese at the Ashton CTH K
pond in Dane County. Other notables were at least 5 Wilson's Snipe, 2
Pectoral Sandpipers, and a Bonaparte's Gull. There was also a good variety
of ducks.
My other stops today were Nine Springs wildlife area and Pheasant Branch
Conservatory. There were lots of birds, but nothing unusual. My only FOY was
a White-throated Sparrow at Pheasant Branch Conservatory. I always enjoy
seeing the Tufted Titmice that are at Pheasant Branch because we don't see
them that much in the southeast part of the state.
Thomas Wood, Menomonee Falls, Waukesha County