[wisb] Backyard Birds - nothing spectacluar, but a couple nice pics

  • From: thomas657@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 13:44:02 -0500

Although, I have nothing of significance to report, I thought I'd share a
couple photos taken of birds in the backyard.

Being home sick has few advantages, one of which it gives me an extra day to
watch the birds in the backyard.  I missed the opportunity to photography
either of the two red-tailed hawks that were concurrently hunting for Squirrel
de Jour, but I finally managed to get a couple nice photos of feeder birds
including my pair (1st winter) red breasted Nuthatches, and the infrequent
visitor - a single Tufted Titmouse.

I get a bunch of mourning doves each day.  At this time it was interesting that
five sat within a foot or two of one another.  The first to arrive was on alert
- catching it with its neck stretched upward

So, here goes, like I said, nothing fancy, just a couple nice photos taken from
the warmth of my kitchen:

Pick the photos of your choice, or start with the first photo below and hit the
[Older] button a bunch of times.

Tufted Titmouse:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/8472799909/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/22836210@N03/8472799915/in/photostream/