[wisb] Re: Another BLACK-BELLIED WHISTLING DUCK - Sheboygan Marsh

  • From: Schroeder Carl <Carl.Schroeder@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 17:56:43 +0000

The tower is at the NW corner of the marsh and is at least 2 miles from the
northern edge of the refuge area, so unless the BBWD is moving NE out of the
refuge there is no chance of seeing it from the tower.  The south edge of the
refuge area is difficult to get to by foot,  it is at least a mile from the
nearest roadside and I'm not aware of any trail.  If anyone knows better please
correct me.  I'm going to the marsh after work tonight on the off chance the
bird moved somewhere I can see it without boat or bib waders.
Carl Schroeder
School Hill, Manitowoc Co.