[wisb] Re: Another BLACK-BELLIED WHISTLING DUCK - Sheboygan Marsh

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:57:25 -0500

Hmmm... the parking areas along the south edge do afford access, but
it's a long, rugged hike in, as I recall.   The observation tower along
Hwy J is extremely tall and does give you a view pretty far out over the
marsh, but you'd likely need to see the white on the wings as the bird
flew to ID the BBWD at that distance.  Carl Schroeder may be able to
offer more insight, since that's in his bailiwick.

Peter Fissel
Madison WI