[wisb] ALERT: VARIED THRUSH, WAUSHARA CO

  • From: "Marc Spees" <mspees@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 08:04:04 -0600

Greetings,
     My lovely wife and I have been enjoying the company of a varied thrush
for the last month or so.  He will come within ten feet of our home and
perch in our apple or red bud tree and then do a little ground feeding on
our feeder detritus. We live in a glade in the middle of a forty acre woods.
It was only recently it came to us that other souls may be interested in
this sighting, so, we enrolled in the wisbirdn list.  Happy birding and best
regards, Marc Spees, Town of Oasis, Waushara County