[wisb] 9-kestrel morning!! Chip cty

  • From: Claudia <cgiamati@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2011 12:26:50 -0500

What great birdy morning! I started out with coffee and two dozen dark eyed
juncos at the bird tree during the very strong winds we were having this
morning!  I had in that bunch two oregon juncos. It was very cool to see so
many regular slaty backs to compare them, like when a couple of hoaries ate
traveling with the commons in the winter!!  2 of the Kestrels I saw this
morning were over on what was once county I, by st Joe's hospital, it's by the
entrance to the riverfront development... The Kestrels were on the wire there.
A female and a male , which is good. The remaining 7 were all on highway K in
Chippewa County and Eau Claire cty, though the majority were in Chippewa! That
means I can see them from my bike when the snow melts and on the way home from
work .... Optimistically assuming 3 pairs were moving into the nesting boxes.
That is the most I have seen in one day in two years!! At least there is a
healthy family in the nearby  part of the county!!
Great birding,
Claudia Giamati
Chippewa County