[wisb] Re: 6XK7 tagged goose long way from home

  • From: "B.G. Sloan" <bgsloan2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 07:14:20 -0700 (PDT)

There was also a goose with an orange neck collar in Milwaukee this summer
(U7F5).

I received the following info from Ken Abraham of the Ontario Ministry of
Natural Resources.
"The particular collared goose (U7F5) was an After Hatch Year female that we
banded on 4 August 2002 on the Hudson Bay Coast of Ontario, near Ft Severn.
This bird belonged to the Mississippi Valley Population of Canada geese.
Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources bands 6000--7000 Canada geese annually on
the Hudson Bay and James Bay coasts. It should be noted that 2002 was the last
year that neck collars were applied to these geese, so this bird was in the
final cohort of collared birds."

Bernie Sloan
Milwaukee