[windows2000] Re: win2k or xp as a temp router ?

  • From: "Randall Yoo" <randallyoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 08:11:16 -0700

You can either use Routing and Remote Access,

or

(HOW TO: Enable TCP/IP Forwarding in Windows 2000)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;230082

But, how do you propose to use a Windows box with NICs to route "remote
location"/WAN traffic?  I don't know of any NICs that's compatible to 'T1
WIC' cards.  Unless, of course, "remote location" is not that remote and is
connected via ethernet connection...

Randall