[windows2000] Re: TSKill

  • From: Mark Cook <mc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 13:20:20 +0100

Ok, go to my website (well one of them) http://www.wizbang.org.uk , click on
the downloads link and download the command line utilities zip file.
Extract FINDAPP.EXE into your system32 directory and then run the following
command line

To kill all instances of a process on local machine

findapp /app:dllhost.exe /kill

To kill all instances of a process on many machines

findapp /app:dllhost.exe /server:servera,serverb,serverz /kill

The archive contains around 11 utilities we've built over time.  Finduser
has been updated but not yet put back into the archive and findapp need's
the same updates applying - basically it's stuff for pinging the remote
machines to save runtime if they are down etc....

Mark