[windows2000] Re: Service Pack 4 Installation Causing problems

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 15:40:42 -0800

Wow, this took forever coming through... I have already found a solution
using the Recovery Console... I am undoing the Service Pack and redoing it.

Jen

  _____

Date:           3/11/2004
Time:           1:42:39 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SDGPSMFTST
Application popup: userinit.exe - Ordinal Not Found : The ordinal 175 could
not be located in the dynamic link library USERENV.dll.

        This happens on login, and I can't do anything.  It happens at the
console, terminals, and I can't login to the box.  Should I shoot it and
start over?  Or is there some way that I can fix this through the Win2k
Recovery Console?  Of course, there isn't anything in the MSKB on it either.
Starting over is a possibility, but it'll cost me another 6 hours.  HW is a
Compaq DL360, Dual 800's with 128m of RAM and mirrored 9G drives.

Thanks for any help!

Jen

Jennifer Hooper
Peregrine Systems, Inc.