[windows2000] Service Pack 4 Installation Causing problems

  • From: Jennifer Hooper <jennifer.hooper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:03:11 -0800

Hurro...

        I thought everything was going just fine with this server I've been
building up, and *bam*  I reboot after installing Service Pack 4, and I get
an error:

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID:       26
Date:           3/11/2004
Time:           1:42:39 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SDGPSMFTST
Application popup: userinit.exe - Ordinal Not Found : The ordinal 175 could
not be located in the dynamic link library USERENV.dll.

        This happens on login, and I can't do anything.  It happens at the
console, terminals, and I can't login to the box.  Should I shoot it and
start over?  Or is there some way that I can fix this through the Win2k
Recovery Console?  Of course, there isn't anything in the MSKB on it either.
Starting over is a possibility, but it'll cost me another 6 hours.  HW is a
Compaq DL360, Dual 800's with 128m of RAM and mirrored 9G drives.

Thanks for any help!

Jen

Jennifer Hooper
Peregrine Systems, Inc.