[windows2000] Re: Script to modify HKLU

  • From: "Sorin Srbu" <sorin.srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 15:53:13 +0100

At logon or startup generally speaking.

As Patrick reported (on a different matter though), and what I've seen, some
scripts don't run properly at startup. Since this is a user-setting
specifically, I'd suggest at login.

Just hack together a script and tell it to create a new key in that particular
branch. Something like the below (NB! One line):

REG ADD "HKCU\ SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Options\Mail" /v
JunkMailImportLists /d 1 /t REG_DWORD /f

The Data part is preset to 1, ie "on". You might, depending on what your
prerequisite is, remove the forced "/f"-switch.

HTH.
--
/Sorin