[windows2000] Re: Pesky explorer window

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 20:48:36 -0500

. wrote:

Suddenly, one day, without me doing anything (yeah, right, but I sure don't recall doing anything) on boot, I get an explorer window open to one of the Norton directories. (I know, I know)
So, I have looked in all the normal startup places, used startup cop, and even downloaded autorun from sysinternals, but cannot find where the darn thing is starting from.
Anyone had this happen, and have a solution?
OS W2K, Norton Systemworks 2001
Mark
Look for an entry that does not have a value (blank entry in right pane)on your hklm/software/Microsoft/Windows/current version/Run key
Delete it.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net