[windows2000] Re: OT- PC Naming Conventions

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:11:08 -0700

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
One other suggestion.

We have a production server platform, acceptance and integration
platform, and an office network.
The production servers are named after animals (monkey=hosted exchange,
lion1=oracle).
Our acceptance platform has car brand names (isuzu=exchange,
mini=oracle).
Integration platform has inventor names (like newton, doppler, wahl).
Our office servers have planet names (earth. Pluto, jupiter).....

And then there is our Tivoli management platform. Since it's working
like a bitch, we decided to give it pig names (potbelly, warthog,
wildboar, swine).

Yeah, this works well, I use an astronomy theme for our servers. Lagrange is a router, Mercury is email, Mars is the database, etc.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everything else." -- Tyler Durden

Get MSN 8 Dial-up Internet Service FREE for one month. Limited time offer-- sign up now! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup