[windows2000] Re: OT- PC Naming Conventions

  • From: Daniel Ensor <densor@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:56:53 +0100

Sorin

Excellent strategy, I'm boring and use location, os and user combined.

I am going to now start naming them all after Yoda and chums,

Cheers
Dan

From: Farrugia, Paul
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 16:10:44 -0400

Hello,

We are looking to change the naming conventions that we use for
PCs. Right now we name them with the department name and a number
(ex: for our Accounting Dept- acct4, acct5, etc.).  It was
recommended to us that we should change our naming convention for
security reasons. I wanted to know what convention others are
using&.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer          Web:
http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,          Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5
signals >> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,                        Mobile Phone: +46
(0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University      Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden             Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.
#
# ()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html e-mail
# /\

know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single biggest constraint to
scaling up?! Get this free white paper to understand the real constraints &
how to overcome them. SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more
servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147

Visit the new FDL web - site designed to serve you better -
http://www.fdl.co.uk

This message has been sent from Fuerst Day Lawson Ltd and confirms that the
email has been scanned and to the best of our knowledge is free from virus
infection. The unauthorised use, disclosure, forwarding or copying of this
message and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this message in error, please email moderator@xxxxxxxxx This message and any
attachments, which are confidential and may be privileged, are for the use
of the addressee(s) only. The views and opinions expressed in this email
message are the author's own and may not reflect the views and opinions of
Fuerst Day Lawson Ltd.