[windows2000] OT: D2D2T

  • From: "Lane, Mark" <MDL@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:40:19 -0500

We have an old F740c netapp filer (NAS) that I thought about using as
the disk media in a possible Disk-To-Disk-To-Tape backup scheme with
Veritas 10 (instead of shelling out big bucks for a new D2D2T device).
However, my backup speeds to disk are not much better than to tape, but
I was wondering if replacing the 10/100 NIC on the filer with a gigabit
adapter might give me the extra throughput I am hoping for.  Has anyone
done anything similar or know for certain that a gigabit adapter would
increase the backup/recovery rate?  TIA