[windows2000] FW: OT: D2D2T

  • From: "Mark Lane" <marklanemail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2006 13:42:09 -0500

Sorry if this is a duplicate, but I forgot to switch to my gmail account
when sending.

We have an old F740c netapp filer (NAS) that I thought about using as the
disk media in a possible Disk-To-Disk-To-Tape backup scheme with Veritas 10
(instead of shelling out big bucks for a new D2D2T device).  However, my
backup speeds to disk are not much better than to tape, but I was wondering
if replacing the 10/100 NIC on the filer with a gigabit adapter might give
me the extra throughput I am hoping for.  Has anyone done anything similar
or know for certain that a gigabit adapter would increase the
backup/recovery rate?  TIA