[windows2000] Re: OT: Creating a homemade XP Installation CD

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <daphatbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:29:01 -0800

Thanks Andrew. I tried the one on MaximumPC and just tried it on another
computer, seems there was a mistake because it said that line 18423 of
the txtsetup.sif file is invalid. :-(  Of course I'm not going to try
and count which line that is! :-O  I did everything it said to do, even
read it, re-read it and so forth. <shrug> I think the problem might be
is that I need to load the Promise Ultra ATA Controller AND the ViaRAID
controller drivers as well, but I can do what I usually do and that is
remove the card until after XP is installed because if I leave the card
in there, XP gets lost and can't find the correct CD drive where the
Install CD is. Go figure!  Thanks again! I'm going to try the nLite
program next.

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 15:27:08 -0500, "Andrew L Shriner" <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx> took
time to say the following:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=xp+slipstream+drivers&btnG=Google+Search