[windows2000] Re: Mandatory to Roaming profile

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 13:24:09 -0500

Found this one

   - If you put the specified PRF file on a network share, the settings
   might not be applied if the file is not found or is not available when
   Outlook runs.
   - Launch the PRF file directly on users' computers by having users
   double-click the file.
   - Configure the registry to trigger Outlook to import the PRF file when
   Outlook starts up. You can use the *Add/Remove Registry Entries* page in
   Custom Installation Wizard or the Custom Maintenance Wizard to deploy these
   registry key options to your users. You can also use the wizards to
   distribute the PRF file to users by using the *Add/Remove Files* page.
      1. Delete the following registry key values:
         -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Setup\First-Run

         -
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Setup\FirstRun

      2. In the
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Setup
subkey, set
      the value of ImportPRF to a string value that specifies the name
and path of
      the PRF file. For example, set *ImportPRF* to *
      \\server1\share\outlook.prf*.
   You could create a logon script that sets that reg value in 2 which I
   believe some people do.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2003/HA011402581033.aspx
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com