[windows2000] Re: Legacy Help

  • From: "Bob" <thinkpadbob@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 13:28:24 -0700

Online Spyware Scan

Jennifer,

Here is your solution: The Atapi driver that installs with NT does not support
large drives until SP 3 is installed. There is a fix. Search MS support for
"Large disk support under NT 4.0" and it should bring up the info with a link
to the appropriate driver to download. Basically during the NT install, you
stop at the point that you would install a SCSI driver and install the driver
(that you have downloaded) from a floppy. This will give you the large disk
support. When you install SP3, it will ask you if you want to overwrite the
Atapi driver and you can let it do it (basically same driver)
Good Luck,
Bob