[windows2000] Re: Dedicated print server - enough performance?

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2003 14:25:25 -0800

>From: "Sorin Srbu" <Sorin.Srbu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>That particular oldie is the only one we have that is working. The
>other oldie is a P75 with 32M ram and a 500M hd. Somebody ran NT4
>off of it before I started at the dept... Anyway, I don't want to
>use oldie #2 for anything, except maybe as a doorstop... 8-) It's
>way to slow.

Actually, it would work just fine as a Linux Router or Firewall, as long as
you were willing to deal with command line only.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens.  The
sleeper must awaken." -- Duke Leto Atreides